The Little Things

I love airport reunions....while we waited for my husband's plane I watched as other people waited for their loved ones. I felt like I was eavesdropping on their reunion, but it was so wonderful to share a small part of that moment with them. All the emotions you see....sheer joy, smiles, laughter, tears, laughter through tears. It's an amazing thing to witness. So much love.

And then it was our turn. I was holding them back, like horses ready to speed out of the gate. They spotted him in the corridor. I explain to my three year old that she may jump up and down and shout all she wants, but under no circumstance may she cross the "DO NOT ENTER" line. I hold her hand to insure that she doesn't bolt out of excitement. Then after what seems like an eternity he reaches us and we have our very own airport reunion for on lookers to share in. Two months is a long time. And we all breathe a collective sigh of relief. Thank you Lord.

Comments

  1. I love airport reunions as well! I get caught up in watching them. Glad you were able to reunite with your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two months! Talk about holding your kids back - I don't know how you held yourself back from throwing yourself into his arms. Airport reunions are wonderful. Caught up in the rush of glee - utter joy - of seeing your loved one again. But better even to turn toward home. Wrapped up in each others arms ... faces hurting from smiles.
    Lovely post, Tracey. I'm glad you posted it here.
    Blessings,
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is those little moments of love that is lovely to witness (& experience). I adore airports for this very reason. (I love your template here as well, I have it too!)

    Cheers,
    Heather @ Find That Warm Fuzzy Feeling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just over a month after you had written this my family had our very own airport reunion as I ushered our two sons into the country for the first time. After 7 weeks in Uganda with these two little guys we were {finally} uniting our family of 6 on Texas soil. It was bliss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dance

Beyond

Story